Visit Colonial León
- Private transportation in air-conditioned vehicle.
- English speaking guide.
- Personal expenses.
- Shore Excursion Size: Small-medium (2-14 participants).
- Shore Excursion Type: Cultural interest.
- Shore Excursion Duration: 4-6 hours.
- Activity Level: Moderate walking.
- Shore Excursion Leaves from: Gate #3 at Corinto Port.
- Food/Beverage Provided: No.
- Recommended dress: We recommend wearing comfortable clothing, sandals or walking shoes. Hat or cap, sunglasses, and sunscreen are recommended.
This excursion includes walking in León city center, guests must be able to walk at least 600 meters over concrete streets, it is not recommended for guests with limited mobility due to the lack of special walking areas.
Wheelchairs can be accommodated on this excursion and it is recommended a companion to assist the person on the wheel chair.
Guests with dietary concerns may wish to bring a snack, consider also there will be free time when guests can purchase something to eat at any of the several places around the cathedral, as this tour is 4-6 hours in length.
Suitable for children older than 15 years.
After you get off your ship please walk to the main entrance (about 100 meters) one of our guides will be holding a sign with your name.
After the welcome and you get in your vehicle, the transfer will take about one hour to colonial León city. On the way you will have the chance to take some pictures of the volcanoes with our fixed stops.
At arrival in León, you will have a sightseeing tour inside your vehicle with some short stops. Then we will get off the vehicle to walk in León colonial city to see magnificent León’s cathedral, the central park, the historic buildings of the city and you will have the opportunity to go into the local market to enjoy of the local and warm culture of leonese people. During this short walk you will have the chance to learn about the Sandinista revolution and the Nicaraguan history.
After the market you will go back to the vehicle to visit one the museum, we recommend the museum of Myths and Legends with its singular collection of papier-mâché figures from local legends and the murals that graphically shows the methods to torture prisoners by the National Guard before 1979.
Walking in the streets of León will transport you in time to the colonial Nicaragua.
After these visits you will have some free time to buy souvenirs or enjoy a cup of coffee. Then, we will visit Sutiaba neighborhood where The Sutiaba people lived before the Spanish came to León.
Finally, you will be transferred on time back to Corinto to your cruise ship.
-End of our services-
Price Per Person in US$ Dollars
- 15 participants: $25.00 per person
- 14 participants: $25.00 per person
- 13 participants: $25.00 per person
- 12 participants: $30.00 per person
- 11 participants: $30.00 per person
- 10 participants: $35.00 per person
- 09 participants: $40.00 per person
- 08 participants: $45.00 per person
- 07 participants: $50.00 per person
- 06 participants: $55.00 per person
- 05 participants: $60.00 per person
- 04 participants: $70.00 per person
- 03 participants: $75.00 per person
- 02 participants: $90.00 per person
- 01 participant: $120.00 per person