Cosigüina Volcano Hike
- Private transportation in air-conditioned vehicle.
- English speaking guide.
- Bottled water.
- Personal expenses.
- Tour Size: Small-medium (1-10 participants).
- Tour Type: Volcano and Hiking Experience.
- Tour Duration: 9 hours (including transfer time from León).
- Activity Level: Challenging Hiking.
- Tour Leaves from your hotel.
- Food/Beverage Provided: Bottled water and snack.
- Recommended dress: We recommend wearing comfortable clothing, boots or walking shoes. Hat or cap, sunglasses, and sunscreen are recommended.
This excursion requires a good physical condition to hike to the summit, it is not recommended for guests with health conditions.
Guests with dietary concerns may wish to bring a snack.
Suitable for children older than 15 years.
Imagine a strong explosion, huge rocks from the top of the volcano flying into the Gulf of Fonseca, ash and smoke everywhere, lava flowing down, yourself escaping to save your own life…well, it was 1835, almost 200 years ago Cosigüina volcano made one of the biggest eruptions in the continent.
Today you can hike through the self-recovered dry forest, lots of flowers, small tress and some really huge trees. Your guide will ask for silence while pointing to a colorful bird or a small mammal. You will see many insects, maybe a small snake or a lizard along the trail.
You will walk over the hard lava, the sandy or muddy trail for about three hours before getting to the wonderful crater where the wind in your face will blow your hat.
The views of the crater lagoon, the Pacific Ocean, volcanoes of El Salvador and Honduras will make you feel you are touching the sky.
After this experience you will return to your starting point to take your vehicle back to your hotel.
-End of our services-
We will inform price depending of your pick up location. Please provide pick up location in the booking form.