- Private transportation in air-conditioned 4×4 vehicle.
- English speaking guide.
- Bottled water.
- Personal expenses.
- Shore Excursion Size: Small-medium (2-10 participants).
- Shore Excursion Type: Nature and Hiking interest.
- Shore Excursion Duration: 5-6 hours.
- Activity Level: Moderate Hiking.
- Shore Excursion Leaves from: Gate #3 at Corinto Port.
- Food/Beverage Provided: Only water and coffee.
- Recommended dress: We recommend wearing comfortable clothing, hiking footwear is required. Hat or cap, sunglasses, insect repellent and sunscreen are highly recommended.
This excursion includes moderate hiking on the slopes of a volcano, guests must be fit and able to hike continuously for 45 minutes over a trail under trees shadows, it is not recommended for guests with limited mobility due to the nature of the hiking.
Guests with dietary concerns may wish to bring a snack, as this excursion is 5-6 hours in length.
The options to buy meals are very limited during this excursion.
The road can be very uneven and the vehicle will shake a lot.
Suitable for children older than 15 years.
After you get off your ship please go to gate #3 (about 100 meters from your ship) there you will see a sign with your name. One of our certified English-speaking guides will welcome you.
After meeting your bilingual guide, you will get in your 4×4 vehicle, the transportation will take about 25 minutes to the roundabout of Chinandega city, from there you will continue to the rural area of the region and after 20 more minutes you will take a non-paved road surrounded by small farms and a dry tropical small forest.
During the whole trip, your bilingual guide will explain you about the history, nature and culture of Nicaragua. Please feel free to ask.
Because this is a high volcano, there will be some parts of the road with 45 degrees steep, but your strong air-conditioned vehicle will make it easy to arrive in the coffee farm Las Rojas.
At arrival in farm “Las Rojas”, you will visit the old coffee facilities where coffee was processed several years ago. Your guide will explain the process but you will not be able to see the machinery at work, but you will walk in the coffee plantations for 1.5 kilometers.
During the visit, you will enjoy of wonderful close views of the San Cristóbal and Chonco volcanoes in one of the viewing points and prepare yourself for a memorable selfie picture with the volcanoes behind!
After the walk in the coffee plantation, you will return to the casa hacienda to enjoy of a cup of fresh coffee made with purified water.
Finally, after this wonderful nature experience you will return to your ship in good time.
-end of our services-
Price Per Person in US$ Dollars
- 10 participants: $35.00 per person
- 09 participants: $40.00 per person
- 08 participants: $40.00 per person
- 07 participants: $45.00 per person
- 06 participants: $50.00 per person
- 05 participants: $60.00 per person
- 04 participants: $70.00 per person
- 03 participants: $85.00 per person
- 02 participants: $110.00 per person
- 01 participant: $200.00 per person